Samsung just held its 2023 Developer Conference (SDC23), and one of the things that got the most attention was One UI 6.0. While the company has been rolling out One UI 6.0 in beta for a while now, it has now officially announced its next major update.
Samsung's slogan for One UI 6.0 is "Activate Galaxy your way". The new features mentioned include the new Quick Panel interface, new exclusive font One UI Sans for improved readability, and new AI photo editing tools. Besides, the company also introduced a new feature called Samsung Studio that allows users to edit videos more professionally. With Studio on One UI 6.0, you can add text, stickers, sounds... through layers, similar to layers in Photoshop.
New features and improvements of Samsung One UI 6.0
Although Samsung did not mention all that is new with One UI 6.0 at SDC23, through testing updates for the Galaxy S23, we can expect improvements such as:
- Emojis are refreshed.
- Preview images and videos in the Share panel.
- More sharing options.
- Improved multitasking through pop-ups that can stay open after you leave the Recents screen.
- The lock screen clock can be moved to any location.
- Simplified app icon labels for the home screen.
- New Weather widget, more information in the Weather app — including an interactive map view — and enhanced Weather illustrations.
- A host of camera improvements, including new widgets, more watermark alignment options, quick access to resolution settings, easy-to-apply filters and effects, and more.
- Improvements to Samsung Calendar, Reminders, and Internet.
- Quick actions for apps in Finder search results.
- Recommendations in My Files to help you free up storage.
- Smarter flight mode.
- Automatic blocker, which is an additional layer of protection that prevents unknown applications from installing, checks for malware, and blocks the sending of malicious commands over a USB connection.
- Customizable Bixby text call greetings and the option to switch to Bixby text calls at any time, even during a call.
More accessibility features, including new zoom options and custom cursor thickness options.
The official launch date of One UI 6.0 has not yet been revealed, but the Galaxy S23 is expected to be the first Samsung product line to receive a stable update after the end of the testing program. The update will then be released to other eligible devices, including Galaxy Z foldable, Galaxy S series, Galaxy A, Galaxy F, Galaxy M, and Galaxy Tab…